Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Danger Dog, Muscle Men and Procrastination

I was clearly thinking about superheros when I did the above doodles.  "Danger Dog" is a riff on a British cartoon series Nickelodeon ran back in the Nineteen-eighties, about a secret agent superhero, called "Danger Mouse".  That is a muscle bound superman in the middle. The man on the left seems quite full of himself or perhaps he's seeing a bird or plane, over there.

When I started keeping sketchbooks, I discovered these doodle pages appearing between the intentional pages. I often told myself I was just bored and reflecting that frustration by jotting down the noise that filled my mind, but I was also capturing elusive ideas that were barely formed in my mind.  Although I didn't know what I was doing at the time, I now have something to show for it anyway.

Blogger has a great feature that allows you to post ahead of yourself, which is a tool I used back in early November in anticipation of the holidays.  Unfortunately I lost some of my posting momentum because I allowed myself to wait out the time I gave myself instead of using it to stay ahead.  I continually remind myself that I am more conscious about stumbling blocks like procrastination.  I know working on my various projects and setting goals for myself is a continual process, even when I'm working on other things, otherwise I loose my momentum.

I do want to thank everyone who has taken the time this past year to read this blog and visit my website.  I really appreciate the feedback here and on Facebook.  Thank you all.

1 comment: