Sunday, May 9, 2010

Loren and Sylvia Pages 1-4


First four pages of Loren & Sylvia. Written by my friend Kathy Sprague and drawn by me, Nathan Kibler. The characters Sylvia and Loren are drawn directly on ourselves and the supporting characters are all based on composites of our friends, but the stories are mostly reactions to the culture of the time in a small college town in Idaho. This is autobiography with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Kathy and I were friends, but we thought the idea of "kissing cousins" was too perfect to pass up. I still wonder why we never did any back story for Loren and Sylvia's childhoods.

Wayo is a composite of several friends. He's mostly a supporting character, but he shows up at a party later in the unpublished section I will post at some later date.

I lived with Kathy for a time and rented the basement bedroom from her and her brother, who also lived with us. It was a good sized room and I enjoyed living with Kathy. It was also an official fallout shelter, thus the sign on the wall...

No comments:

Post a Comment